How many programming languages are there?
There are many programming languages out there. But the question is how many? So, There are 256 programming languages in the world. See a list of 256 programming languages.
About top programming languages
It is now easy to find out the best sources that explain the priority of languages in comparison to the old times. If you are trying to find out the top programming languages, you are in the right place. Here we will help you in programming interview questions. We are here to help you out.
When people think of learning programming, a question arises. For instance:
What programming language should I Learn? OR
Which programming language to learn?
The answer is it all depends on your interests or requirements. But we will try to give you the best places for learning any language and give the idea or inform you about top programming languages. So then as we are living in 2019, it will be great if we start with learning the priorities of this year. Consequently, you will be able to perform the best. Before we get started:
Note:1: This article is just my opinion. You can have different opinions. Please let me know in the comment section.
2: A programmer should learn more than one language. So don’t just learn the top languages
Before we jump into the post let us take a look programming languages ranking with the PYPL statistics:
PYPL 2019 Update:
Is programming hard?
The answer is it depends on your interest and the resources that are given by you for learning. We will try to give you the best resources for learning programming.
Which programming language should I learn first?
Below the list is given:
Top Programming languages list:
This might surprise you that Python is on top. But I will explain why it is on top. According to PYPL which is popular for ranking the programming languages states that the Python is on top. It is more used as compared to other languages. Except this, it is used in desktop GUI app development, business application development, web and internet development, scientific and numeric applications development. It is also used in AI and machine learning.
It’s demand is increasing because of the following features:
- It is easy to learn because of easy syntax. Similarly, Java is also an easy language.
- In addition to easiness, it supports multi-systems and platforms.
- It is also OOP (Object Oriented Programming) driven.
- It is used in web and internet development, desktop GUIs, business application development, AI and machine learning.
- The most important thing that should be considered in the first place is the average salary for a Python developer is about $110,285 USD per year.
Java is the most popular language that is widely known for Android Application development, bigger applications with a huge amount of data and web applications.
- Object-oriented language
- It offers the API for many activities like database connection, networking, XML parsing, etc.
- A large number of open source libraries.
- Learning Java is simple and easy.
- Used for creating efficient websites.
- Directly connect with HTML and CSS.
- Easy to learn.
- Great for front-end development.
C# is a great programming language developed by Microsoft in 2000. It is heavily used for desktop applications and web development. C# is also considered for .NET Programming.
- It is simple, modern, general and object-oriented.
- It is portable.
- The syntax is similar to C and C++ (Good for those who already worked on C).
PHP is a great choice for those who want to learn web application development. About 50% of famous websites are built on PHP. Although earlier versions of the PHP were not so good it is now the best web development tool. In short, it is the best for web design and development. Interested in learning PHP? Let’s see its features:
- Running with PHP is simple.
- Functional and Object-Oriented.
- Large open software community.
- Used for web application development, Content Management System, eCommerce Applications.
1. As every programming language has it’s own features so it is good to learn many languages.
2. Learning programming is fun and easy. You should go and check out the free sources where you can learn these languages. Especially the ones that are more famous including your interests.
3. Feel free to ask questions in the comment sections. We’ll be always there to help you.